3/28/12

'The Man Who Created Narnia'

Author: Michael Coren
Genre: Non-Fiction, Biography
Publisher: Eerdmans

Definitely not the most thorough or in-depth biography I have ever read, but nonetheless I truly enjoyed this book. In fact, I couldn't put it down. To be completely precise, I read the entire thing in an hour and a half.
The laid-back writing style and numerous photographs of Lewis, his friends and family, and significant places in his life made this a very easy read, which I'm sure contributed to my enjoyment of it.
I did gather from some of the remarks that were made by the author throughout the book that he is most likely not a Christian, so his perspective on a few things seemed a bit skewed to me, but that didn't prevent him writing a lovely overview of Lewis' life, fortunately.
For a diehard, hardcore Lewis fan like myself, The Man Who Created Narnia was just enough to sufficiently whet my appetite and drive me to the brink of yet another Lewis craze (which I experience on a fairly regular basis), so expect some reviews of Lewis books coming up in the next few weeks. ; )
For anyone wanting to do serious research on the life of C.S. Lewis, this book would need to be read in concert with others more detailed and in-depth, but it would definitely be a good volume to have on hand. Or, if you're not familiar with Lewis and his work at all and would like to get acquainted, this book would be a great place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you read this book? Feel free to share your thoughts on it if you have, ask questions about it if you haven't, or share other books related to this topic.